Cost, as of end 2012, of the financial bail out in the U.S. alone: * $29 billion for Bear Stearns * $143.8 billion for AIG (this far) * $100 billion for Fannie Mae * $100 billion for Freddie Mac * $700 billion for Wall Street, including Bank of America (Merrill Lynch), Citigroup, JP Morgan (WaMu), Wells Fargo (Wachovia), Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, and a lot more * $25 billion for The Big Three in Detroit * $8 billion for IndyMac * $150 billion stimulus package (from January ’09) * $50 billion for money market funds * $138 billion for Lehman Bros. (post bankruptcy) through JP Morgan * $620 billion for general currency swaps from the Fed ROUGH TOTAL: $2,063,800,000,000 Yes, over $2 trillion dollars. As of the end of 2012. That’s about $6,800 for every man, woman, and child in the U.S.A.. But there isn’t enough money available to balance the...Read More »
Find out what comes next
The series starts with The Istanbul Puzzle.
- Research for The Nuremberg Puzzle
- Guest Post: Reclaiming History – JJ Toner
- Who profits from war? The truth behind The Jerusalem Puzzle – Updated
- The Secrets of Manhattan #5 Who’s stealing billions? Updated
- In Ireland at The Mountain of the Witch
- The Secrets of Manhattan #3 What Manhattan woman inspired New Age philosophy?
- The Secrets of Manhattan #2 Where are the title deeds for Manhattan?
Recent site comments:
- Mystery/thriller writer and social media consultant.